NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. VisitNFL.com’s transaction hubfor a daily breakdown.
(NOTE: Teams listed in alphabetical order.)
- G Austin Corbett’s contract was restructured to create salary-cap space, the team announced.
- Bubba Ventrone was officially named the Browns’ new assistant head coach/special teams coordinator.
- DL Michael Brockers: Acquired for a 2023 seventh-round pick in 2021, the 11-year veteran produced two sacks in his two seasons with the Lions. The move frees up $10 million in cap space.
- QB C.J. Beathard: Jacksonville inked the backup quarterback to a contract extension. The new deal is for two years, NFL Network Insiders Mike Garafolo and Tom Pelissero reported Friday. Beathard, 30, has been Trevor Lawrence’s backup for the past two seasons, completing nine of 13 passes for 68 yards and an INT when called upon.
Kansas City Chiefs
- Matt Nagy has been promoted to offensive coordinator for the Chiefs. Nagy previously held a position as Kansas City’s senior offensive assistant/quarterbacks coach.
- The Vikings named Grant Udinski as an assistant QBs coach, Lance Bennett as defensive quality control coach and Mike Siravo as inside LBs coach.
New Orleans Saints
- DE Tanoh Kpassagnon: New Orleans is closing in on a multi-year extension for the 28-year-old pass rusher, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Friday. Kpassagnon was set to be a free agent. He had six sacks in 23 games played for the Saints over the past two seasons.
- S Tyrann Mathieu’s contract has been restructured, clearing $4.668 million in salary cap space for 2023, Pelissero reported.
- RB Jonathan Williams signed to a one-year contract extension
- LB David Mayo signed to a one-year contract extension
NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Friday, Feb. 24