NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. VisitNFL.com’s transaction hubfor a daily breakdown.
(NOTE: Teams listed in alphabetical order.)
- QB Marcus Mariota was released after one season.
- DC Leslie Frazier has decided to take a year off from coaching in 2023 and intends to return in 2024, the team announced.
- S Damar Hamlin continues to see specialists, but has “two or three more he has to see” as he continues to recover from a cardiac arrest he suffered on Jan. 2, general manager Brandon Beane said Tuesday at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. Added Beane: “Assuming he gets full clearance, I know he’d want to play.”
- Free-agent QB Derek Carr is expected to have an in-person interview with the Panthers in Indianapolis, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.
- Luke Steckel, former Titans run game analyst, is being hired as Chicago’s assistant offensive line coach.
- S John Johnson will be released by the Browns at the start of the league year on March 15, the team announced on Tuesday.
- Vice president and CEO Stephen Jones said at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine that the team is interested in exploring contract extensions for WR CeeDee Lamb and CB Trevon Diggs.
- RB Tony Pollard (leg) is expected to be ready for training camp.
- OT Terence Steele (knee) is expected to be ready for training camp.
- RB Javonte Williams (ACL) is “on track” to be ready for the regular season, general manager George Paton told reporters at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine.
Kansas City Chiefs
- David Girardi will be promoted from pass game analyst/assistant quarterbacks coach to quarterbacks coach, per head coach Andy Reid.
- OT Orlando Brown could have the franchise tag placed on him for a second consecutive year, but general manager Brett Veach told reporters at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine that he believes a long-term deal would be more beneficial.
- TE Mike Gesicki is headed for free agency next month, but head coach Mike McDaniel didn’t rule out a re-signing. “There’s always a spot for good players,” McDaniel told reporters on Tuesday at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, per ESPN.com. “Mike has earned the opportunity to test the market. … We very much encourage that but are not in the business of turning down good players.”
Las Vegas Raiders
2022 · 6-11-0
- Derius Swinton II was hired as the new Raiders assistant special teams coach, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported, per sources.
- WR Justin Jefferson’s impending contract extension is a “high priority,” general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said on Tuesday at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. Adofo-Mensah also said he does not want to manage a team without Jefferson in the building.
New York Giants
- WR Kenny Golladay has been informed he will be released on the first day of the league year on March 15, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported.
- General manager Joe Schoen says he is “cautiously optimistic” the team will be able to re-sign QB Daniel Jones and RB Saquon Barkley.
New Orleans Saints
- Free-agent QB Derek Carr is expected to have an in-person interview with the Saints in Indianapolis, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.
New York Jets
- Free-agent QB Derek Carr is expected to have an in-person interview with the Jets in Indianapolis, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.
2022 · 14-3-0
- QB coach Brian Johnson has been promoted to offensive coordinator, the team announced.
- Sean Desai, previously the Seahawks associate head coach for defense, has been hired as Philadelphia’s new defensive coordinator.
San Francisco 49ers
- WR Jauan Jennings
- LS Taybor Pepper (thee-year extension)
- QB Trey Lance is doing really well in his rehab from an ankle injury that ended his second season after just two games, general manager John Lynch told reporters on Tuesday at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. “I don’t see a limp,” Lynch said. “He did start the throwing here recently. Trey is rehabbing extremely well.”
- QB Brock Purdy will be meeting with his elbow surgeon this week in Arizona. Purdy could have surgery sometime next week if the swelling in his elbow has gone down, Lynch said.
- Greg Olson, who was the Rams senior offensive assistant last season, was hired as the new Seahawks quarterbacks coach.
- LB Jordyn Brooks, who suffered a torn ACL late in the 2022 season, is “doing really well,” head coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. “The process is happening, the whole rehab process, but it’s going to be a while,” Carroll said.
- C Austin Blythe announced his retirement on social media on Tuesday after seven seasons in the league. Blythe spent four seasons with the Rams but finished his career in Seattle.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- General manager Jason Licht says he has good confidence in QB Kyle Trask as the starting quarterback. “He’s gonna get the opportunity to be the starter no matter who we bring in,” Licht said.
- Tavita Pritchard was hired as quarterbacks coach, while former QBs coach Ken Zampese was reassigned to senior offensive advisor/game management.
- The Commanders are expected to place their franchise tag on DT Daron Payne, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported, per sources.
- QB Sam Howell is not currently the team’s starting quarterback, head coach Ron Rivera said Tuesday at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. Howell will begin the offseason first on the team’s depth chart, however, and will have the opportunity to win the job, Rivera said.
- LB Milo Eifler was signed to a one-year contract extension for the 2023 season, the team announced Tuesday.
- CB Rachad Wildgoose was signed to a one-year contract extension for the 2023 season, the team announced Tuesday.
NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Tuesday, Feb. 28